Snake in dreams

There is no need for concern my friend Rajasekhar Mani . I have killed ten or more snakes of various types in the ALIND quarters in Kundara, Kerala. This sixty-acre land, brimming with cashew trees and resembling a dense forest on the banks of Ashtamudi Lake, was home to many snakes. In 1952, when we moved into a house in Alind Quarters, we had to fight with snakes, various reptiles, and even wolves. The Kerala Nairs are believed to have originated from a Naga or snake-worshipping community that resided somewhere in India. As Kerala emerged from the sea—created by Parasurama, hence known as God's Own Country—the Naga-worshipping people, or Nairs, migrated there. Each Nair family had a Kaav, a sacred place for snake worship. A Kaav typically includes numerous trees, herbs, and idols of snakes, as well as a pond. It was a small forested area. Every evening, lamps were lit at the Nagathara, the place where the snake idol was installed. Noorum Paalum is a renowned offering in these Kaavu. As the population grew, particularly among the minorities of the world's major religions, and as Nairs faced financial decline, they were compelled to sell their lands. These new owners almost completely eradicated the Kaavu in Kerala. My uncle acquired the land where the Kaavu was located during the partition. He eventually sold it, leading to the destruction of the Kaavu. Before selling, he transferred the Naga idols to the Mannarasala Naga Temple near Haripad, following the instructions of the astrologer and the Tantri/Pujari, in accordance with tradition. Later, when I began to dream of snakes, we consulted an astrologer. He suggested that I was afflicted by the curse of Naga. He suspected that the rituals performed to appease the Nagas were unsatisfactory when the Naga idols were relocated to the Mannarasala Temple. We conducted special poojas there as directed by the astrologer. After that, I no longer dreamed of snakes. My opinion is that kill the snake and do some offering or poojas next. I am not advising you to do as I did. This is solely my faith. I also have a strong belief in astrology and many examples to support it. The party that purchased the Kaav fell into trouble; it was sold and the land changed many hands. I am unaware of its current status. This response is intended only for Rajasekhar Mani. No further arguments or explanations will be provided here. If anyone desires more information, please message me privately. (This is my reply to my book friend Rajashekhar Mani when he was worried about snakes in his night dreams. He shared his concern with his friends for a solution. Seeing that, I gave a reply as above.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

വയനാട് /മേപ്പാടി/ മുണ്ടകൈ / ചൂരമല /പുഞ്ചിരിമറ്റം Mundakai/chooramala/ തീവ്ര സ്വഭാവം ഉള്ളവർ

ഹേമ കമ്മീഷൻ റിപ്പോർട്ട. JUSTICE HEMA COMMISSION REPORT/NATURE/PRAPANJAM

V. K SREEKUMAR/JAYANTH/ ALIND KUNDARA